Citizens Advice Basingstoke
Citizens advice Basingstoke help people find a way forward.
We can all face problems that seem complicated or intimidating. At Citizens Advice Basingstoke we believe no one should have to face these problems without good quality, independent advice.
That’s why we’re here: to give people the knowledge and the confidence they need to find their way forward - whoever they are, and whatever their problem.
We give advice to several thousand people every year. We are an independent charity offering confidential advice online and over the phone for free. During the Covid-19 restriction period we have not able to give advice to clients face to face, but we are still open and here to help. Our contact details are found below.
When we say we’re for everyone, we mean it. People rely on us because we’re
independent and totally impartial. We help many people every year.
In 2018/19, this included:
• 14,243 people helped face to face, by phone, email or webchat.
• 25,931 interactions on behalf of our clients.
• 100% of our clients reported they would use Citizens Advice again.
• 72% of our clients felt less anxious or stressed after using our service.
• £1,579,742 was gained for our clients in the financial year by way of benefit back payments, and tribunal awards.
We give advice on a whole range of issues.
In 2018/2019 the issues were:
• 28% - Benefits and Tax Credits
• 14% - Debt
• 11% - Employment
• 10% - Relationships and Family
• 10% - Housing
• 6% - Legal
• 5% - Consumer Goods and Services
• 2% - Discrimination
• 2% - Financial Services and Capability
• 2% - Health and Community Care
• 2% - Immigration and Asylum
• 8% - Other
In the past few weeks, we have been helping clients with the many problems caused by the Covid19 Lockdown.
So, contact us if you have a problem and let us help you to find a way forward
Call us on 0300 3309 064.
Chat online: citizensadvice.org.uk/contact-us.
Or search on the National Citizens advice website www.citizensadvice.org.uk.
Advice Session Supervisor,
Basingstoke Citizens Advice
1 view0 comments